Program and Outreach Officer, Delhi
- Developing and managing Safecity’s outreach campaigns in neighbourhoods and academic institutions, which entail but are not limited to –
- Facilitating community driven interventions to address hyperlocal issues of sexual violence by aggregating related data through encouraged reporting, focus group discussions, campaign meetings and sessions
- Engaging stakeholders in addressing safety in public spaces to strengthen institutional accountability by building leadership potential of communities and partner organizations
- Training and capacity building of partner organizations to address sexual violence in public spaces through data-supported community-oriented programs
- Conducting awareness workshops with communities, organizations, academic institutions and corporates to address sexual harassment and child sexual abuse, including the legislation.
- Volunteer management –
- Managing, guiding, coaching and mentoring the lead volunteers for the outreach programs.
- Communications –
- Effectively documenting progress of outreach campaigns by creating casebooks and digital material to scale online outreach.
- Partnerships and collaboration-
- Exploring strategic partnerships and collaborating with aligned organizations for Safecity campaigns to strengthen the outreach and impact of our organization to diverse spaces, both on-ground and in the digital space.
- 2 Campaigns in the low income communities where you would have to visit each community for a minimum of 2 days a week for 6 months.
- Plan & execute at least 4 events / workshops / safety audits in other communities a month through the Campus Ambassador team.
- Participate in our weekly tweet chat on Fridays at 9 pm
- Be open to multi tasking and taking on new projects as and when the need arises.
Remuneration – Based on experience
Contact: Please send in your CV to email@example.com along with a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position.
Policy Internship at Safecity
Location: Western Suburbs, Mumbai
Duration: Minimum one month, first round starts from June.
Desired candidate skills:
- Research skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts simply.
- Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken.
- Self motivated and creative.
- Interest in policy and legal work.
- Solution oriented.
- Research in areas of Sexual Violence and Policy/Legal Reform. This would include a study of bare acts, policy documents, judgements, reports of committees etc.
- Analysis of research material to create condensed reports for further use.
- It shall include field work in certain instances and documentation of field efforts and assistance in data collection.
- Advocacy with communities and representatives.
- Any further work in related areas as discussed with the intern before them joining.
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th May.
- If shortlisted, you will be given an assignment to submit towards final selection.
- The internship is on a rolling basis, apply by 20th of each month for an internship period starting from the next month.
- The intern is required to have a working Internet connection and an electronic device through which they can undertake assigned work.
- Local travel by designated means will be reimbursed.
- It’s an equal opportunities position, all persons are welcome to apply.
Policy, Legal and UN Liaising Officer