- This event has passed.
Global Mentoring Walk with Vital Voices
March 7 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Red Dot Foundation would like to invite you to apply as a mentee at our upcoming Vital Voices Global Mentoring Walk on 7 March along with Priti Patkar, cofounder of Prerana Anti Human Trafficking, Supreet K Singh and ElsaMarie DSilva, Vital Voices members.
Vital Voices is a global non profit that was cofounded by Hillary Clinton for the advancement of women’s rights. Each year around International Women’s Day, Vital Voices members all over the world host a mentoring walk to “pay it forward”. This is hosted in over 75 countries and 150 walks.
Our walk will feature senior women leaders from Consulates, Corporates, Government and Civil Society. The mentees are from the cohorts of Prerana Anti Human Trafficking, Sneha and Save the Children in addition to other young women, like yourselves who are starting out in their careers.
What is a Mentoring Walk?
Mentees are invited to express an interest in a mentoring relationship and we help them define their goals. We match mentors and mentees based on the mentee’s goals and the mentor’s skills. The “walk” on 7 March is symbolic. It is meant to be a one-on-one time with your mentor as well as a networking/sharing event with the rest of the group. It is up to the pair to decide how they wish to structure their relationship and frequency of the meetings thereafter. We will provide guidelines.
Commitments of the mentee:
– Apply for the spot at the event by 25 Feb 2020
– Fill up the goal setting sheet by 27 Feb 2020
– Matches will be made latest by 2 Mar 2020
– Commit to being fully present at the mentoring event.
– Commit to at least 2 sessions with your mentor post the event.
– Submit feedback immediately after the event and 6 months after the event.
– A young aspiring writer published her first book at age 17 after being mentored by an author.
– Several girls have been able to get better jobs thanks to the networks of their mentors.
– A young woman who was running a foundation, was able to put in place a governance structure to run her NGO better after being mentored by a development expert.
– Several young girls have improved their conversational English.